Advantages of PRP facial rejuvenation therapy
PRP therapy offers a number of unique therapeutic advantages as a facial rejuvenation treatment option:
- Unlike synthetic injectables, there is no risk of allergic reaction with PRP injections because the injected material is the patient’s own biology
- The blood extract is prepared as a point-of-care (POC) therapy and only one patient’s blood sample is processed at any time.
- Safe and effective on all skin types and colours
- Enhances facial volume, plumps and fills in fine lines and wrinkles, and can be successfully used in the delicate areas around the eyes and mouth, where dermal fillers, lasers and neurotoxins may not be safe or as effective
- Minimally invasive treatment with fine needles injecting the PRP material to just below the skin so the procedure causes only minimal discomfort
- Is an ideal option for older patients, who may have difficulty healing from more invasive surgical procedures
- Does not require any compulsory post-treatment downtime
- Very low risk side effects or complication risk compared to other facial rejuvenation techniques of synthetic injections, laser or skin resurfacing
- Provides long-lasting outcome - rejuvenating effects can last up to 2 years
- Effective for tissue regeneration and rejuvenation by increasing collagen production, which can improve skin thickness and overall skin health.